There are certain nutrients which help regulate the levels of sex hormones in your body, and some even help protect your reproductive system from the damaging effects of infection or disease. There are foods that are not only good to eat they also contain important nutrients that can give your libido a boost. Studies show that Zinc, Potassium, Vitamin C, E, and B6, are all vital nutrients for a healthy sex life.
Here are the top 10 aphrodisiac foods.
– Raw Oysters: This is one of the most popular and well-known “sexy” foods on the aphrodisiac list. High in Zinc, which increases sperm and testosterone production, oysters also contain a hormone called dopamine, which increases libido.
Squeeze some fresh lemon juice onto them for extra zest.
– Asparagus: Loaded with vitamin E, a key nutrient for a healthy sex life and treating impotence.
– Eggs: Hard boil them and spread a little caviar on the top, and you have an aphrodisiac bomb that is guaranteed to make waves long after the meal is finished. Eggs are rich in B6 and B5, both crucial for libido and balanced hormone levels.
– Almonds: Both the smell and nutrient make-up of almonds make these crunchy morsels a “must eat” on Valentines Day. Full of essential fatty acids, they are particularly important for male hormone production. To get her in the mood, light an almond scented candle during dinner and she will never know what seduced her.
– Figs: Known as a food fit only for the gods and goddesses, figs are high in amino acids and improve sexual stamina. Flambé fresh figs and serve them over vanilla ice cream with a balsamic reduction– a sure way to sweeten anyone’s mood.
– Avocados: Avocado trees were referred to as “testicle trees” by the ancient Aztecs, and rightfully so. Moreover, avocados are bursting with folic acid, a type of vitamin B that helps turn protein into energy, and potassium that helps boost men and women’s libidos.
– Chili: Spice up your night and get a good hit of vitamin C at the same time, by incorporating some chili into your Valentine’s Day dinner.
– Bananas: Packed with bromelain enzymes, potassium and riboflavin, eating one banana a day is guaranteed to keep you energized.
– Garlic: Perhaps known more as a “turn off” than a “turn on,” garlic is actually a very effective aphrodisiac. Garlic contains a potent ingredient called Allicin that increases blood flow and libido. But don’t forget to bring the breath mints or you will be sent home early.
– Chocolate: Finally, what we have all been waiting for, the chocolate! This is the surest way to a women’s heart. Nibbling on a piece of dark chocolate immediately produces a chemical called phenylethylamine, which is believed to produce the feeling of “being in love.” So, a gift a chocolate should, in fact, sweep your beloved off his or her feet and into your arms.